Women's tennis improves to 5-1 in Big 12 play with victory in Columbia.
April 2, 2011
NORMAN, Okla. – The 22nd-ranked Oklahoma women’s tennis team defeated the University of Missouri, 4-3, Saturday in Columbia, Mo.
Oklahoma (13-4, 5-1 Big 12) got off to a quick lead by securing the doubles point after sweeping the Tigers in all three doubles matchups.
The Sooners carried their momentum into the singles portion of the matches, with Ana-Maria Constantinuescu defeating Mallory Weber, 6-3, 6-3.
Mia Lancaster dominate Jamie Mera, 6-1, 6-1, and Maria Kalashnikova bested Rachel Stuhlmann, 6-3, 6-3.
OU returns to action Friday when it takes on Texas A&M in College Station, Texas.
Oklahoma 4, Missouri 3
1. Ana-Maria Constantinescu/Alice Radu (OU) def. Mallory Weber/Kaitlyn Ritchie (MU), 8-5
2. Whitney Ritchie/Mia Lancaster (OU) def. Marlen Hacke/Jamie Mera (MU), 8-4
3. Tara Eckel/Marie-Pier Huet (OU) def. Rachel Stuhlmann/Maria Christensen (MU), 8-6
1. Ana-Maria Constantinuescu (OU) def. Mallory Weber (MU), (6-3, 6-3)
2. Kaitlyn Ritchie (MU) def. Alice Radu (OU), (6-3, 6-4)
3. Maria Christensen (MU) def. Whitney Ritchie (OU), (6-3, 6-3)
4. Marlen Hacke (MU) def. Marie-Pier Huet (OU), (6-2, 6-3)
5. Mia Lancaster (OU) def. Jamie Mera (MU), (6-1, 6-1)
6. Maria Kalashnikova (OU) def. Rachel Stuhlmann (MU), (6-3, 6-3)