|If You Only Knew ... 15th Edition
The Sooners closed out the spring schedule on April 28 with a 0-0 tie at SMU. OU opened the offseason on March 30 with a 3-0 win over Oral Roberts at home and followed it up with a 1-1 tie at Tulsa on April 14 and a 2-0 win over Arkansas on April 21.
In preparation for the fall slate, SoonerSports.com will highlight each of the players on the 2012 squad.
Some of the questions and answers will be soccer related, while others will help fans get to know the Sooners better.
The 15th edition takes a look at sophomore midfielder Emily Bowman. Read more about her soccer career on the right and get to know her better below:
1. Nickname ... Bow or Bowman.
2. Biggest Compliment given ...
In my PALS class in highschool, we actually made compliment cards and each person in the class wrote a compliment about every other person. I actually still have the card and it makes me smile every time I read it.
3. Biggest Influence on your life and why ...
Not everyone has heard of it, but Younglife has probably been the biggest influence on my life. I started going to Younglife in my senior year in high school and I still go now and it is where I have met some of my best friends and it is like home away from home.
4. Strengths ... Resourceful. Positive. Honest. Leader. Loving.
5. Weaknesses ... Impatient and bossy.
6. Favorite Candy ... Sour Patch Watermelon. Hands down.
7. Dream holiday ... Christmas.
8. Do you have any heroes?
I actually have a lot of heroes. I can't say that I have a specific hero, but there are a lot of people in my life that I look up to and wish to emmulate. My parents are my heroes in that they have invested so much time and effort into making me who I proudly am today. My younglife leader at home, Jess Chambers, is my hero because I hope to be as kind, as God-loving, and as constantly cheerful as she is. And my friends and teammates are my heroes because they deal with me and continue to make me a better person every day.
9. Do you have any hobbies, if so, please list them ... I used to sew quilts... but I haven't done that in a long time. It's too time consuming, but I really did enjoy it when I did have the time. Nerdy, I know. I love cooking / baking, also.
10. Name three people (famous, relatives, friends) you would invite to dinner? Jesus, Harry Potter, Mike Eli (Eli Young Band).
11. Who is the biggest joker on the team? Hannah Gordon.
12. What is the last song downloaded on your ipod? Live Forever by Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors
13. Favorite Movie ... Typical soccer girl answer... She's the Man.
14. Favorite TV show ... Big Bang Theory
15. Tell us something that we don't know about you? I hate to have my ears touched.
16. Describe yourself in five words ... Smiley, optimistic, ambitious and compassionate.
17. In five years, I will be ... AHHHHHH. Don't ask me that question!
Emily Bowman Bio Brief:
Started eight games and played in all 20 contests as a true freshman. Had first career assist against Missouri State off a free kick and then scored first career goal at Arizona (OU's first goal off a corner kick in 2011).
Four-year letterwinner at Grapevine H.S. where the team was district champions in 2008 and 2009.
Some Sport Related Questions
1. What team(s) do you support?
First and foremost -- the Dallas Cowboys, then the Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, and Dallas Stars. I love my Texas teams! And I just love Texas(the state, not the university)!!
2. I play a bit like (example of a player) Well I'm a little ashamed to say that I do not watch a lot of soccer, but I used to idolize Abby Wambach forever ago because I wanted to be as strong and as good in the air as she is. I guess you can say that I still do idolize her. So if I had to choose someone I resembled I would hope I can relate to the kind of player she is.
3. What is your best highlight moment? Your dream highlight moment?
I think the highlight moment of my soccer career had to be when my high school soccer team won a game in regionals (in dribble downs, which are so much more intense than PKs) and the entire school rushed the field. It's so amazing when all of your friends and family are there to see you doing what you love and supporting you and are just with you in such a happy moment.
But a close second highlight moment of my soccer career would have to be winning the national championship in club soccer. It was in my home town, so our entire club was there watching which was really awesome too.
I think my dream highlight moment would just be emmulating one of those two moments in college. A national championship is the obvious goal of any college soccer team and would be absolutely incredible, but even winning a big 12 championship in which all of my friends and family were there supporting would be amazing as well.
If You Only Knew Archive:
1st Edition - Katharine Nutman
2nd Edition - Carley Yates
3rd Edition - Kali Fournier
4th Edition - Carrie Whigham
5th Edition - Hannah Gordon
6th Edition - Samantha Howell
7th Edition - Kelly Price
8th Edition - Caitlin Mooney
9th Edition - Alison Farrell
10th Edition - Abby Hodgen
11th Edition - Brianna Turang
12th Edition - Amy Petrikin
13th Edition - Annalisa Hall
14th Edition - Bailey Boulware