|If You Only Knew ... 12th Edition
The Sooners closed out the spring schedule on Saturday with a 0-0 tie at SMU. OU opened the offseason on March 30 with a 3-0 win over Oral Roberts at home and followed it up with a 1-1 tie at Tulsa on April 14 and a 2-0 win over Arkansas on April 21.
In preparation for the fall slate, SoonerSports.com will highlight each of the players on the 2012 squad.
Some of the questions and answers will be soccer related, while others will help fans get to know the Sooners better.
The 11th edition takes a look at junior forward Amy Petrikin. Read more about her soccer career on the right and get to know her better below:
1. Nickname ... "Ames"... Don't really have one, but open for suggestions though.
2. Best compliment given ... Someone once told me that they were scared of me, I took it as a compliment. It's good to be intimidating.
3. Biggest Influence on your life and why ... My mom and dad. They have done so much for me and I want to do whatever I can to make them proud.
4. Favorite Candy ... Sour skittles, sour punch straws, twix, sweet-tarts, milk duds, gummie bears, pixy stix, laffy taffy and warheads. I just really like candy, it's a problem.
5. Do you have any heroes?I really look up to my parents, so I guess you could say they are my heroes.
6. Strengths ... Quick, strong and positive.
7. Weaknesses ... Short.
8. Do you have any hobbies, if so, please list them ... Right now my hobbies are studying and sleeping. But in the off season I like to inline skate, listen to music and hang with friends.
9. Favorite Movie ... Lords of Dogtown or Dude Where's my Car?
10. Favorite TV show ... Gossip Girl.
11. Describe yourself in five words ...Fun, fierce, outgoing, passionate and real.
12. Name three people you would invite to dinner? Wiz Khalifa, Bennie Middleton, and KiD CuDi.
13. Last song downloaded on your iPod ... Everything I do, I do for you- Bryan Adams.
14. Dream Vacation ... Jamaica
15. In five years you will be ... Living in Colorado, California or Canada working at a gym as a strength coach.
Amy Petrikin Bio Brief:
Amy Petrikin had her best season in 2011 with six goals scored in 19 games played, including 11 starts. She was tied for the team lead in goals and ranked fourth in the Big 12 Conference with three game-winning goals. She did not score a goal as a true freshman but did record two assists in 17 games played (two starts) in 2010.
The Tulsa, Okla., native lettered all four years at Bishop Kelly H.S. and scored 25 goals with 17 assists as a senior en route to being named the team most valuable player. The Tulsa World tabbed her the 2010 Metro Player of the Year and she was named all-state the same year. She finished her career as the school's record holder for goals scored with 86 and helped lead her team to three state championships (2007, 2008, 2010).
Sport Related Questions
1. What team(s) do you support?
New York Giants, OKC Thunder, USWNT obviously
2. I play a bit like (example of a player) ...Haven't found anyone who I play like.
3. What is your best highlight moment? Your dream highlight moment?
My freshman year of high school I scored a diving header in the Championship game, doesn't get better than that!
4. Who is the biggest joker on the team?
If You Only Knew Archive:
1st Edition - Katharine Nutman
2nd Edition - Carley Yates
3rd Edition - Kali Fournier
4th Edition - Carrie Whigham
5th Edition - Hannah Gordon
6th Edition - Samantha Howell
7th Edition - Kelly Price
8th Edition - Caitlin Mooney
9th Edition - Alison Farrell
10th Edition - Abby Hodgen
11th Edition - Brianna Turang