|If You Only Knew ... 11th Edition
The Sooners opened the offseason schedule on March 30 with a 3-0 win over Oral Roberts at home and followed it up with a 1-1 tie at Tulsa on April 14 and a 2-0 win over Arkansas on April 21.
In preparation for the fall slate, SoonerSports.com will highlight each of the players on the 2012 squad.
Some of the questions and answers will be soccer related, while others will help fans get to know the Sooners better.
The 11th edition takes a look at senior defender Brianna Turang. Read more about her soccer career on the right and get to know her better below:
1. Nickname ... Bri.
2. Best compliment given ... I have to say an email I got from a fan saying how much they look up to me as a person and athlete. It was the sweetest message. That's why I love our fans. You guys are awesome!
3. Biggest Influence on your life and why ... My parents without a doubt. I don't even know what to say besides how incredible they are. I look up to the both of them more than they even know. Besides them both playing sports and being able to relate in that aspect, they are literally the hardest workers. Having to support five crazy kids, all playing multiple sportsm and still being able to keep our family strong, it just amazes me. I can go on...
4. Favorite Candy ... I gotta say an Abba Zabba or Skittles right now. It switches a lot. Let's be serious though, I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, so I pretty much will eat anything.
5. Do you have any heroes?My Dad. I grew up watching him play ball and I have always wanted to be just like him, and I still do. I am his biggest fan and he is mine. I could sit and watch him play all day. He is one incredible man on and off the field.
6. Do you have any hobbies, if so, please list them ... Gosh, I am just a sucker for sports... and food. I love wakeboarding, surfing, and snowboarding. I like to eat. I like to draw, play board games and I really like eating. I love hanging out with friends and family, and (when I get to) I enjoy watching my siblings play sports. Oh, and did I mention I love to eat?
7. Favorite Movie ... A Walk to Remember.
8. Favorite TV show ... The Amazing Race
9. Describe yourself in five words ...Energetic, athletic, loving, sarcastic and happy.
10. Name three people you would invite to dinner? I would have to say Will Farrell, John Wooden, and Moses from the Bible.
11. Tell us something that we don't know about you?
I was a brown belt in karate.
12. Last song downloaded on your iPod ... I think it was the Michael Buble Christmas CD. I recommend you get it if you don't already have it, it's a great one!
13. Dream Holiday ... You stumped me.
14. In five years you will be ... Hopefully a pediatrics oncology nurse. And a wife.
Brianna Turang Bio Brief:
A two-sport star at Oklahoma in both soccer and softball, Turang has started all three years on the pitch. She made 13 starts as a true freshman and had two assists. Turan made a career-high 14 starts last season to give her 59 games played in her three years, including 32 starts and four assists.
Turang was named All-Big 12 in softball as an infielder and was a three-sport star in soccer, softball and volleyball at Santiago High School in California. In addition to being named all-conference in soccer at Santiago, she also played for Slammers F.C., one of the nation's premier club teams. Turang comes from an athletic family as her father, Brian, was drafted and played for the Seattle Mariners organization from 1989-1995 and Toronto Blue Jays in 1996.
Sport Related Questions
1. What team(s) do you support?
Of course I like the Seattle Mariners because my dad played for them. I am not really a die-hard fan for any team, I just love to watch sports in general.
2. I play a bit like (example of a player) ... My dad! I am super competitive, I love playing, and I am really passionate about it.
3. What is your best highlight moment? Your dream highlight moment?
Going to the College World Series is definitely my best highlight moment. I know, wrong sport, but I cannot explain how amazing it was being able to play in front of so many fans. It was like a dream come true. My dream highlight moment would be to play in a national championship game, I believe our team has so much potential, now it's about putting it all together and of course, we can't do it without our SOONER FANS!
4. Who is the biggest joker on the team?
Sam Howell. She is awesome. She is one person that will keep you on your toes and make you laugh all the time.
If You Only Knew Archive:
1st Edition - Katharine Nutman
2nd Edition - Carley Yates
3rd Edition - Kali Fournier
4th Edition - Carrie Whigham
5th Edition - Hannah Gordon
6th Edition - Samantha Howell
7th Edition - Kelly Price
8th Edition - Caitlin Mooney
9th Edition - Alison Farrell
10th Edition - Abby Hodgen