|If You Only Knew ... Ninth Edition
The Sooners opened the offseason schedule on March 30 with a 3-0 win over Oral Roberts at home and followed it up with a 1-1 tie at Tulsa on April 14.
In preparation for the fall slate, SoonerSports.com will highlight each of the players on the 2012 squad.
Some of the questions and answers will be soccer related, while others will help fans get to know the Sooners better.
The ninth edition takes a look at junior midfielder Alison Farrell. Read more about her soccer career on the right and get to know her better below:
1. Nickname ... Farrell.
2. Best compliment given ... I am the best singer ever, told by my roommates and close friends.
3. Biggest Influence on your life and why ... My best friend Lee, because he always believed in and never let me quite when times got hard. He was my biggest fan and never let me think any less of myself and always told me I could do anything I wanted.
4. Strengths ... Blunt, hard-worker and fun to be around.
Weaknesses ... Quick to trust, opinionated, and hot tempered.
6. Favorite Candy ... Reese's peanut butter cups
7. Do you have any heroes?My mom, dad, and brother.
8. Do you have any hobbies, if so, please list them ... I like to spend time with my friends, shop, go to concerts, and hang out with my family.
9. Favorite Movie ... Bridesmaids
10. Favorite TV show ... The Housewives of Atlanta, Love and Hip Hop, American Idol and The Voice.
11. Describe yourself in five words ...Lively, spontaneous, strong, opinionated and cuddly.
12. Name three people you would invite to dinner? Lil Wayne, Aaron Rogers, and Larry Fitzgerald
13. Tell us something that we don't know about you?
I was born with red hair that turned to blonde.
14. Last song downloaded on your iPod ... Here for a Good Time by George Strait
15. In five years you will be ... I will be graduated with a job,married, and have a dog.
Alison Farrell Bio Brief:
Farrell transferred from Oklahoma State, where she actually scored her first collegiate goal in Norman against the Sooners. In 2011, she played in nine games after appearing in the season opener against UAB.
Farrell played for the Edmond Soccer Club '90, which was twice a national runner-up and a two-time regional champion. At Edmond North High School, she led her team to a pair of Class 6A state final appearances as a team co-captain. She was also named The Oklahoman Defensive Player of the Year three times.
Sport Related Questions
1. What team(s) do you support?
Green Bay Packers and OKC Thunder.
2. I play a bit like (example of a player) ... I play like Kendrick Perkins, I am a tall player, aggressive, and physical
3. What is your best highlight moment? Your dream highlight moment?
Highlight moment: When I scored the winning goal in PK's to go to the National Championship Tournament.
Dream highlight moment: Meeting Lil Wayne and having dinner with him.
4. Who is the biggest joker on the team?
If You Only Knew Archive:
First Edition - Katharine Nutman
Second Edition - Carley Yates
Third Edition - Kali Fournier
Fourth Edition - Carrie Whigham
Fifth Edition - Hannah Gordon
Sixth Edition - Samantha Howell
Seventh Edition - Kelly Price
Eighth Edition - Caitlin Mooney