Nov. 26, 2010
Box Score |
• Oklahoma had its most explosive first half of the season, leading UTPA 56-30 after 20 minutes. Freshman Aaryn Ellenberg had 18 first-half points, including a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to end the half. Her previous career high for a game was 15 against Fresno State last time out. Freshman Morgan Hook had four first-half assists, twice as many as she counted in any previous game.
• OU scored 60 points in the second half, its most in a single period since scoring 64 in the first half against Central Arkansas on Dec. 20, 2007. OU’s 116 total points was also its highest total since beating Central Arkansas 121-48.
• OU’s 50-point victory was its largest margin since defeating North Carolina Central, 89-25 (64 points) on Jan. 4, 2009.
• Saturday, Oklahoma plays Gardner-Webb at 2 p.m. and UTPA hosts Prairie View at 5 p.m. in the second day of the Basketball Travelers Invitational at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Okla.
• Ellenberg had 18 first-half points and finished with 26. Her previous career game high was 15 against Fresno State on Monday, Nov. 22.
• Ellenberg’s 26 points was the most scored by a Sooner freshman since Courtney Paris scored 26 in an NCAA tournament loss to Stanford on March 25, 2006.
• Ellenberg is just the second Sooner freshman under Sherri Coale, along with Courtney Paris, to score in double figures in her first four games.
• Griffin’s 11 points was a career high for the freshman.
• Hook had four assists by halftime, doubling her previous single-game high of two.
• McFarland recorded the first double-double of her career with 13 points and 15 rebounds.
• McFarland’s 15 rebounds were a career high, eclipsing the 13 totaled last Monday versus Fresno State.
• Robinson played a season low 20 minutes, but still counted 16 points, six assists and three steals with zero turnovers.