Feb. 21, 2012
Box Score |
• The win moves Oklahoma into a tie for second place in the Big 12 standings with Texas A&M with three games to play.
• Texas A&M opponents averaged 21.1 turnovers entering the game. The Sooners had 19 Tuesday night. OU had 23 turnovers in a loss to the Aggies on Jan. 8 and seven games with 20 or more turnovers in the 13 games through the previous meeting with Texas A&M. In 14 games since, the Sooners have had just two games with 20 or more turnovers.
• OU’s last win versus a ranked team was a 65-57 win at then-No. 23 Kansas State on Jan. 17. The Sooners’ last win versus a ranked team at home was a 71-68 win over then-No. 10 Texas Tech on Jan. 11.
• Oklahoma is now 3-5 versus teams ranked in the AP Top 25 this season. The Sooners have an 8-8 record against the top 50 RPI.
• Oklahoma is 15-2 when leading at halftime; 16-3 when an opponent shoots 40 percent or lower; 12-2 when it attempts 20 or more free throws; 16-1 when it leads points in the paint; and 16-0 when allowing 65 points or fewer.
• Whitney Hand became the 26th Sooner to score 1,000 points in a career. Hand was five points shy of the milestone and scored 11 in the game.
• Following a seven-game shooting slump, Aaryn Ellenberg has scored at least 9 points in each of the last five halves of basketball played. Ellenberg is 20-of-43 (.465) from the field and 7-of-20 (.350) from 3-point range in her last three games.
• Aaryn Ellenberg is now 23 points shy of becoming the Sooners’ 27th 1,000-career-point scorer. Ellenberg would be just the third Sooner to reach 1,000 career points by the end of her sophomore season.
• Hand and Ellenberg could become just the fourth duo in Sooner history to reach 1,000 career points in the same season.
• Morgan Hook scored 19 points, her third highest total this season, and hit a career-high nine of 10 free throw attempts.
• Hook had five assists to zero turnovers, her first such spotless game this season.