Feb. 15, 2012
Box Score |
• Oklahoma next plays Iowa State in a Sooners-Cyclones basketball doubleheader Saturday, Feb. 18. The OU men tip-off at 12:45 p.m. and the women’s game begins at 7 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa.
• OU’s starting lineup was shaken up to include three changes. Sharane Campbell and Jelena Cerina made their second career starts and Kaylon Williams, who replaced Joanna McFarland when the junior was out with injury, recorded her seventh start of the season.
• The victory was Sherri Coale’s 500th as a head coach at any level. The Sooners’ head coach has 353 wins in her 16th season after totaling 147 in seven years at Norman High School.
• With the win, Oklahoma moved back into a tie with Texas A&M, who won at Missouri Tuesday, with 9-4 records in Big 12 play. The Sooners host the Aggies next Tuesday, Feb. 21.
• The Sooners broke a three-game string of sub-40 percent field goal shooting performances by hitting 23 of 48 attempts against Kansas State. OU is 13-4 when shooting more than 40 percent.
• With 11 points, Campbell reached double-digit scoring for the eighth time in the last nine games.
• Thre freshman recorded a collegiate single-game best two blocks.
• Ellenberg’s seven-game shooting slump seemed to end in the second half, when she scored 11 points on 4-of-6 field goal shooting (2-of-4 3-pointers) and had three rebounds, all defensive, three assists and three steals.
• With 151 career 3-pointers, Ellenberg trails Carin Stites for fourth on OU’s career 3-pointers list by one make.
• Hand led the Sooners in scoring for the fourth straight game, totaling 16 points.
• Hand is 18 points shy of reaching 1,000 for her career.
• Hand made two 3-pointers to pass Stacey Dales for eighth all-time at Oklahoma. Hand has 138 career 3-pointers.
• Williams grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds, her second best total of the season after totaling 16 in a win at Missouri.