Feb. 13, 2012
Box Score |
• Oklahoma trailed 21-4 before cutting the deficit with an 11-0 run inspired by seven straight points from Whitney Hand. The Sooners fought to 33-28 with just under a minute left in the first half before Connecticut scored four straight to end the period and lead 37-28 at halftime.
• Oklahoma is just the sixth team to score at least 55 points against Connecticut’s nation-leading scoring defense through the Huskies’ 27 games.
• UConn started the game hitting eight of its first 10 field goals, but cooled off the rest of the half, making just six of its next 25.
• Both teams had seven turnovers at halftime. The game finished with UConn winning the turnover battle with 8 to 15 for Oklahoma.
• Oklahoma’s 2-for-13 (.153) 3-point shooting was its second lowest for makes and third by percentage this season.
• The Sooners all-time record against UConn dropped to 0-10.
• OU’s bench outscored UConn’s 26-16. It was just OU’s second loss when its reverses outscored its opponents.
• Connecticut led second-chance points 9-0 in the first half, but Oklahoma reversed the trend in the second half with an 8-5 advantage.
• Cerina scored seven points and had nine rebounds, including a career-high six defensive boards, and three blocks.
• Ellenberg continued to struggle with her shot, hitting just two of 10 field goal attempts (1-of-4 from 3-point range). The Sooners’ leading scorer is 4-of-30 (.133) from beyond the arc in her last seven games.
• Hand scored 18 points, leading the Sooners for the third straight game.