Feb. 11, 2012
Box Score |
• Oklahoma’s 64-60 win over Missouri evened the all-time series 29-29 in the last scheduled meeting between the two teams. Missouri will be joining the Southeastern Conference next season.
• Oklahoma head coach Sherri Coale recorded her 499th head coaching victory. The Sooners’ head coach has 352 in her 16th season at Oklahoma and had 147 victories in seven years as Norman High School’s head coach.
• Oklahoma’s 2002 Final Four team was recognized at halftime for its 10th anniversary reunion. Members of the team returning for the weekend’s festivities included Lindsey Casey, LaNeishea Caufield-Daniels, Jen Cunningham, Stacey Dales, Caton Hill-Simoni, Dionnah Jackson, Stephanie Luce, Kate Scott-Goldberg, Shannon Selmon-Carter, Lauren Shoush, Stephanie Simon, Jamie Talbert-Wyrick, Antoinette Wadsworth and the family of the late Rosalind Ross.
• The Sooners started the game shooting 1-for-7, but then hit four straight shots and finished the first half 12-of-24 to lead 33-26 at the intermission.
• Hand’s 17 points led the Sooners. It was her fifth game this season, and second straight, with the team high in scoring.
• Hand recorded four assists for the third straight game and has had just two total turnovers in that span.
• The Sooners’ reserve point guard was efficient in limited action, totaling eight points (4-of-5 field-goal shooting), two assists and one turnover in 10 minutes played.
• McFarland made her first start in her second game back from suffering a broken jaw on Jan. 14. The junior forward scored OU’s first two points, five of OU’s seven and finished with nine total points and four rebounds.