Jan. 25, 2009
Box Score |
• The 89-69 win by the Sooners ties the largest margin of victory against Texas. The last time Oklahoma beat Texas by 20 was Jan. 19, 2002 by the same score of 89-69.
• This is the 11th straight game Oklahoma has had four players score in double figures--Courtney Paris with 23 points, Ashley Paris with 10 points, Nyeshia Stevenson with 18 points and Danielle Robinson with 18 points.
• Oklahoma held Texas to a season low 27 rebounds.
• The Sooners held three Longhorn starters and four bench players below their average points per game.
• The Sooners had a season high 24 turnovers.
• Oklahoma extended their Big 12 record to 5-0 on the season to match Baylor for the lead in conference standings.
• Paris collected her 115th career double-double and 110th consecutive in the first half. This is the 34th time Paris has achieved a double-double in a half and the 15th time in the first half.
• Paris pulled down 21 rebounds making it the third time she has had 20 or more rebounds this season.
• This is the 10th game in her career Paris has collected 20 or more points and rebounds.
• The 21 rebounds by Paris is the most rebounds by an Oklahoma player against Texas. Paris had the previous high with 20.
• The past two games Paris has shot 87 percent from the floor making 20 of 23 field goals.
• Robinson set an Oklahoma record of 30 consecutive free throws made passing LaNeisha Caufield who held the previous record with 29. Robinson was 6-for-7 from the line in the game, missing her third attempt.
• This is the 11th time Hand has made two or more 3-point field goals.
• Hand recorded a individual best five assists.
• Stevenson shot 4 -of- 6 from beyond the arc tieing her career best of four 3-point field goals made.
• Paris collected her 13th double-double this season with 10 points and 10 rebounds.