Jan. 14, 2009
Box Score |
• The Sooners ended Kansas State’s 14-game winning streak, the fourth longest in the nation entering the night. Kansas State was one of just four undefeated teams.
• Oklahoma held four of Kansas State’s starters were held under their season scoring averages. Only Marlies Gipson, who averaged 13.6 points, reached her average with 14 points tonight.
• Oklahoma had four players score in double figures. Whitney Hand, Ashley Paris, Courtney Paris and Danielle Robinson combined for 57 of Oklahoma’s 64 points.
• The Sooners are 17-5 when both Paris twins record a double-double and 41-7 when the duo scores in double figures.
• Oklahoma held Kansas State to a season low 48 points.
• OU’s rebounding margin in the first half was minus 2 and in the second half plus five.
• Oklahoma shot just 36.7 percent from the field in the first half but improved to 58.6 percent in the second half. OU made six more field goals on one fewer attempt in the second half than in the first half.
• Paris collected her 112th double-double and 107th consecutive with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
• Two blocks tonight gave Paris 370 career blocks. This ties Ruth Riley of Notre Dame at No. 11 on the NCAA career blocks list.
• Paris recorded a career high five blocks.
• Paris collected her 22nd career double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds.