Oklahoma 71, No. 10 Texas Tech 68
Jan. 11, 2012
Box Score |
• OU snapped a 10-game losing streak to AP Top 10 opponents Wednesday with a 71-68 victory over No. 10 Texas Tech in Norman. It was Texas Tech’s first loss of the season. Oklahoma’s most recent win over a top-10 team was a 77-72 overtime victory against then-No. 7 Notre Dame in the 2010 NCAA Regional Semifinal.
• Oklahoma’s win made the Sooners 4-33 all-time as an unranked team versus an opponent in the AP Top 10. The last such victory before Wednesday was against then-No. 7 Texas Tech, 68-62, in Lubbock, Texas, on Feb. 10, 2004.
• The Sooners went 0-for-17 for a 10-minute, 11-second stretch in the second half. However, OU was able to corral nine offensive rebounds and make eight free throws during that span as Texas Tech turned a two-point deficit (49-51 at 14:06 remaining) to a seven-point lead (66-59 at 3:56) before Joanna McFarland’s 3-pointer cut Tech’s lead to 4 with 3:55 remaining.
• Oklahoma’s 22 offensive rebounds was a season high and the most since collecting 23 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Dec. 29, 2010.
• Campbell scored all nine of her -- and Oklahoma’s final nine -- points in the last 3 minutes of the game.
• Ellenberg hit two 3-pointers to reach 136 in her career, tying Stacey Dales for No. 7 all-time at Oklahoma.
• Whitney Hand scored 16 first-half points, matching her second best total for a half. Hand scored 18 in the first half in Oklahoma’s 91-62 win against Texas in Norman on Feb. 19, 2011. Hand’s 24 total points matched the second highest single-game total of her career.
• Hand’s perfect 11-for-11 free throw shooting were career highs for makes and attempts.
• The freshman totaled career highs with six points, six rebounds and two blocks.