Jan. 4, 2012
Box Score |
• Oklahoma trailed for the first time in six games, but finished the first peroid with a 23-3 scoring run in which the Cyclones made just 1-of-10 field goals in the final 12 minutes before halftime. OU’s five-game streak of never trailing was its longest in more than 10 seasons (before 2002-03).
• OU’s 29-point margin of victory was its largest against Iowa State as Big 12 Conference members. The Sooners have a 38-point win over the Cyclones, a 97-59 win in Norman on Feb. 25, 1984.
• The Sooners are 20-3 against Iowa State in Norman and have a 32-18 advantage in the all-time series.
• Oklahoma head coach Sherri Coale is eight coaching wins shy of 500 in her career. Coale accumulated a 147-70 record in seven years as the head coach at Norman High School and is 345-158 with the Sooners.
• Oklahoma’s 61.1 percent 3-point shooting was its best since hitting 69.2 percent at Oklahoma State on Feb. 8, 2009.
• Ellenberg scored a game-high 21 points, leading Oklahoma in scoring for the second straight game and eighth in 12 games this season.
• McFarland matched her career-high, set earlier this season against Syracuse (Dec. 19), of 19 points. McFarland’s three 3-pointers were a single-game best.
• McFarland hit five or six first-half field goals (2-of-2 3-pointers) for 14 points in the first 20 minutes, the first double-digit scoring half of her career.
• Harden’s 14 points and three steals were her bests in the categories since totaling 15 and nine in the season opener. The freshman’s five rebounds were a season high.