Oklahoma 84, Stephen F. Austin 57 | Norman, Okla. | Dec. 8, 2010
Dec. 8, 2010
• The game marked the first time under the direction of Sherri Coale that an OU team made 10 or more 3-pointers in three consecutive games. The Sooners made 15 against Sam Houston State on Dec. 1 and 10 at Ohio State on Dec. 5.
• The game was the fifth of the season that the Sooner defense held its opponent to fewer field goals made than turnovers made. OU also accomplished the task against its first four opponents.
• Ellenberg became the first Sooner ever to make at least two 3-pointers in nine consecutive games Wednesday. The streak covers every game of the freshman’s career. Carin Stites (1990-91) and Whitney Hand, whose streak is still active, made at least two 3-pointers in eight straight games.
• Ellenberg scored in double figures for the ninth consecutive game to start her career, matching Molly McGuire (1979-80) for the third longest streak of its kind by a Sooner freshman. Only Barbara Johnson (1978-79), who scored in double digits in her first 17 games, and Courtney Paris, whose double-figure scoring streak lasted an NCAA record 120 games, have longer streaks.
• Hook scored a career-high 26 points. The freshman made nine of 11 field goals and was 7-for-8 from beyond the arc. Hook has scored a total of 51 points in her last two games at the Lloyd Noble Center.
• Morgan Hook scored 21 first-half points by shooting 7-of-8 from the floor, including makes on all six 3-pointers. Her first-half total was the second best ever by a Sooner freshman next to Aaryn Ellenberg’s 22 first-half points scored Sunday, Dec. 5, at Ohio State.
• With 10 points, Robinson passed a tie betweeen Caton Hill and Jacquetta Hurley (1,653) for sixth on OU’s career scoring list. Robinson now has scored 1,659 points as a Sooner and trails fifth-place Stacey Dales by 261.
• Robinson’s eight assists moved her past Sharee Mitchum (601) for third on OU’s career assists rankings and tied Dionnah Jackson for second with 606.
• Robinson passed Stacey Dales (250) for fourth on OU’s career steals list. Robinson had 249 entering the night and finished with 253. Dionnah Jackson (2002-05) is third with 265.
• McFarland posted her second career double-double, both this season, with 13 points and 12 rebounds.