Oklahoma 91, Texas 62 | Norman, Okla. | Feb. 19, 2011
Feb. 19, 2011
• OU’s Fourth Annual Pack the Place Pink Game netted a season-high attendance mark of 10,230.
• Oklahoma celebrated breast cancer awareness with its Pack the Place Pink Game versus Texas. The Sooners and Longhorns wore pink-themed uniforms and Nike provided a special game ball with the Kay Yow Cancer Fund logo that will be signed by the OU team and auctioned at SoonerSports.com. Other items in the auction include four autographed and framed photos commemorating the game, two replica pink OU jerseys autographed by the team, six official Pack the Place Pink t-shirts autographed by the team and Coach Coale’s pink Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers worn during the game. All proceeds from the auction will go to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
• OU’s honorary coaches for the game were cancer survivors Kari Cochran, Nicole Jacobsen and Sunshine Gross. OU also recognized all those in attendance who have battled cancer.
• OU senior point guard Danielle Robinson sat the final 11:38 of the first half after getting a third personal foul. From that point, OU increased its 6-point lead to a 16-point lead entering halftime.
• The victory was OU’s largest ever against Texas by margin. OU had beaten Texas by 20 points on three previous occasions.
• Oklahoma followed its worst defeat, a 41-point loss to No. 2 Connecticut on Monday, with its largest ever against Texas and against a Big 12 opponent since defeating Oklahoma State, 95-62, on March 7, 2010.
• Griffin matched her career high scoring with 11 points.
• Whitney Hand’s 18-first half points was a career high for a half, outperforming her 16-point first half at Kansas on Jan. 23.
• Hand’s 23 points was one shy of her career high set against TCU on Jan. 2 in her return to action from knee surgery.
• With Danielle Robinson on the bench with three fouls, Hartman scored six first-half points, matching the second most by a Sooner in the opening 20 minutes.