Blake Stasiunas, Eloy Gonzalez and Beau Titsworth to join squad in 2012-13.
Nov. 21, 2011
NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma head men’s golf coach Ryan Hybl announced today the signing of three recruits to national letters of intent.
Blake Stasiunas of Vista Ridge High School in Leander, Texas, Eloy Gonzalez of St. Augustine High School in Laredo, Texas, and Beau Titsworth of St. Ignatius High School in Avon Lake, Ohio, all signed with the Sooners during last week’s early signing period and will begin competing for OU beginning in fall 2012.
“We are excited to announce the signing of our three 2012 recruits and each one of them will bring a lot to OU golf,” said Hybl, who is in his third year with the Sooners.
Stasiunas (pronounced sta-SOON-us) was named to the 2011 Texas 4A All-State team his junior year and earned medalist honors at the 2010 Bart Granger Memorial (the largest high school tournament in the country with 52 teams and 258 players) and the 2011 Fall State Preview.
“Blake Stasiunas is continuing to showcase his talents down in Texas as he just won the Texas State Fall Preview last month,” Hybl said. “He is going to be a great team guy and strives to get better every day.”
Gonzalez is a two-time Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools District 5A champion and All-State selection and has won three Mexican Federation national championships.
“Eloy ‘Chito’ Gonzalez is super talented and he will thrive in an atmosphere of structure and good players,” Hybl said. “He had a great year last year and has struggled a little bit recently, but he has confidence and swagger which I really love in a guy.”
Titsworth is a two-time member of the Ohio All-State team and won the 2011 state championship. He was also named the Cleveland Plain Dealer Player of the Year.
“Beau Titsworth is very talented and has been the most consistent of the three thus far,” Hybl said. “He is a proven winner at every level and is also exceptional in the classroom. He will be a great leader for us.”
Hybl said he expects all three signees to contribute to the team next fall.
|| Blake Stasiunas
- Earned eight 1st place medals in high school, including 1st place in the 2010
- First team All-District in 2009 and 2010
- First team All Region in 2009
- Named to 4A First Team All State 2011
- First place in the Austin Men’s City Championship junior division; 4th place overall 2011
|| Eloy Gonzalez
- Two-time TAAPS 5A district champion
- Two-time all-state selection
- Three-time border Olympics champion
- Won The 2005 Doral Publix Junior Championship
- Three Mexican federation national championships
- Three hole in ones
|| Beau Titsworth
- 2011 individual Ohio state champion
- Two-time first team all-state
- Cleveland Plain Dealer Player of the Year
- Four Top-10 finishes in 2011