NORMAN, Okla. --
Want to see where the Sooners played their high school ball? Using GoogleMaps
, we plotted out the home stadiums of all 85 student-athletes currently on the Oklahoma football roster.
Take a virtual road trip to each player's prep stomping grounds. Click one of the images on the right to view an overall map. Then, utilize the ever-expanding features of GoogleMaps to zoom in on specific stadiums and see what they look like from street level.
We are confident in the accuracy of this map but some inaccuracies may be present. We ask that if you do find any errors or omissions, please email us
the correct information and we will get it updated.
Following is a breakdown of the high schools represented.
|| By the Numbers
- Student-athletes currently on the OU football roster
- Total number of high schools represented
- High schools with multiple representatives
• Norman HS - Ryan Broyles, Mossis Madu, Turner Troup
• Muskogee HS - Jonte Bumpus, Stacy McGee, Jameel Owens
• Tulsa Union HS - Dominique Franks, Tola Jimoh, Tress Way
• Bishop Gorman HS (Nev.) - DeMarco Murray, Ryan Reynolds
• Creekview HS (Texas) - Jeremy Beal, Corey Wilson
• Gilmer HS (Texas) - Lamar Harris, Justin Johnson
- Most representatives from a single high school
• Tie between Norman HS, Muskogee HS and Tulsa Union HS
- Miles (as the crow flies) between the two most distant high schools
• James Toms is from Tualatin HS (Tualatin, Ore.)
• Dejuan Miller is from Metuchen HS (Metuchen, N.J.)
- The shortest driving distance between two represented high schools
• Jarvis Jones attended Lamar Consolidated HS (Rosenberg, Texas)
• Erik Mensik attended Terry HS (Rosenberg, Texas)
- Native Oklahomans on the Sooner football roster
- Number of players from within 50 miles of Norman
- Number of players from within 100 miles of Norman
- Number of players from within 125 miles of Norman
- Number of players from within 200 miles of Norman