Oklahoma vs. UTEP
Dec. 21, 2009
• Oklahoma had its six-game winning streak snapped in an 89-74 loss to UTEP in the All-College Classic in Oklahoma City. OU fell to 8-4 while the Miners improved to 7-2.
• The loss for Oklahoma was just its second in its last 17 All-College Classic games. The Sooners fell to 52-13 in the event.
• UTEP's .579 field goal and .625 3-point percentages were OU opponent season highs. The Miners went 10-for-16 from behind the arc (they made eight of their 12 attempts in the first half).
• With the score knotted at 20 midway through the first half, UTEP used a 27-10 run to take a 47-30 lead at intermission. OU drew as close as 10 points on two occasions in the second half.
• Willie Warren led OU with 26 points. He made three 3-pointers on 10 attempts and added four assists. Warren has scored at least 24 points in six of his 11 outings this year.
• Tommy Mason-Griffin sank a career-high four 3-pointers on nine tries and finished with a career-high 20 points (all in the second half). The freshman became the fifth Sooner (all guards) to score at least 20 points in a game this year.
• Mason-Griffin became the third different Sooner in the last four games to score at least 20 points in a half. Tony Crocker scored 29 in the first half against Centenary and Cade Davis netted 20 in the first half against Northern Colorado.
• Tony Crocker finished two rebounds shy of recording his fifth double-double in the last six games. The senior guard registered 10 points and eight boards.
• All five UTEP starters scored in double figures. Junior guard Randy Culpepper led the way with a season-high 27 points.
• Oklahoma's next game is Dec. 31 at Gonzaga at 9 p.m. CST (televised by ESPN2).