Dec. 9, 2010
• Oklahoma continued its dominance over non-conference opponents at Lloyd Noble Center with a 71-58 victory over Gardner-Webb. The Sooners have won 23 straight non-conference home games and 81 of their last 83.
• Starters Steven Pledger (20 points), Andrew Fitzgerald (16), Cade Davis (15) and Cameron Clark (13) totaled 64 of OU’s 71 points. It marked the first time since Jan. 4, 2010, that the Sooners had four players with at least 13 points in one contest.
• OU held Gardner-Webb to just one field goal in the game’s first 10 minutes (led 12-3) and took a 34-18 lead to halftime. It was the fewest points given up by the Sooners in a half since Dec. 10, 2008, when Maine scored 15 in the first half.
• Pledger’s 20-point performance marked his fourth in an OU uniform and second this year. The sophomore is averaging 17.5 points in the Sooners’ four home games this year.
• Clark’s 13 points were a career high. The freshman had scored in single digits in each of the last seven games after scoring 11 in the season opener. Clark was 4-for-9 from the field and made all four of his free throw attempts in a career-high 38 minutes.
• Carl Blair posted six of the Sooners’ seven bench points while collecting five rebounds handing out a team-high seven assists without a turnover in 23 minutes. Blair had committed eight turnovers over the past two games.
• Davis went 3-for-5 from 3-point range to move into the No. 10 spot on OU’s all-time 3-pointers list. He has 143 career treys and is one trey away from tying Austin Johnson for the No. 9 spot.
• Fitzgerald was 6-for-10 from the field and has now shot .500 or better in eight of OU’s nine games. The sophomore forward upped his season percentage to .564.
• The Sooners averaged 15 turnovers a game entering the game but committed just 10 on the night (second fewest of the year). During OU’s five-game losing streak, opponents outscored the Sooners 97-50 in points off turnovers. OU outscored Gardner-Webb 18-13 in the category tonight.