Nov. 22, 2010
Oklahoma dropped its first game of the season, losing 76-64 to No. 8/9 Kentucky in the first round of the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational. OU fell to 3-1 on the year and to 5-5 all-time in the Maui Invitational.
• OU trailed 68-62 and had possession before being outscored 8-2 over the final 1:16.
• Kentucky made its first six field goal attempts of the game and nine of its first 10 in building a 21-8 lead. The Wildcats led 42-28 at the half and by as many as 18 in the second (59-41 with 12:11 left).
• OU used a 21-9 run to get back to within six with 2:11 remaining.
• Senior guard Cade Davis scored 17 of his team-high 23 points in the second half. He finished 9-for-20 from the field and 3-for-7 from 3-point range while adding six rebounds. Davis played 39 minutes and did not commit a turnover.
• Sophomore forward Andrew Fitzgerald netted 14 points on 7-for-14 shooting and pulled down five boards in 39 minutes.
• Sophomore guard Carl Blair came off the bench to record season highs in points (10) and minutes (20). He was 3-for-5 from the floor and made 4-of-5 from the free throw line. Blair entered the tournament without a point in nine minutes of action on the year.
• Junior forward C.J. Washington played 16 minutes off the bench and contributed six boards and a pair of blocked shots.
• Oklahoma entered the game with a Big 12-best .806 free throw mark but went just 9-for-18 on the day.
• The Sooners outscored Kentucky 14-13 in fast break points.
• Freshman forward Terrence Jones led Kentucky with 29 points, 13 rebounds, three assists, four blocks and two steals.
• OU will play the loser of tonight’s Virginia/Washington game on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. CT (televised on ESPN2).