Nov. 18, 2008
· Preseason AP first-team All-American Blake Griffin recorded his third straight double-double with 25 points and a career-high 21 rebounds. His 21 boards tied for 11th most in Sooner history and marked the third consecutive game that Griffin set a personal best on the glass. The board total is the most by an OU player since Kermit Holmes (21) against Loyola Marymount on Dec. 15, 1990.
· Griffin’s 18 defensive rebounds were one more than the entire Davidson squad. The 6-10 forward is averaging 19.3 boards through three games.
· Griffin hit 11-of-12 free throws tonight after shooting just .409 (9-of-22) from the charity stripe in his first two outings.
· Griffin scored 21 of his 25 points in the second half (5-of-7 shooting in the second stanza) after attempting just four first-half shots.
· Willie Warren reached double figures for the third straight contest with a career-high 20 points (in 24 minutes) on 7-of-11 shooting. The freshman was 3-of-5 from 3-point distance (with all makes coming in the first 6:45 of the opening half) after entering tonight’s game 0-for-10 from long range.
· Taylor Griffin tallied 16 points (tying for second most in his four-year career) on 6-of-7 shooting.
· The Griffins combined for 73 of a possible 80 minutes of action (Blake-38, Taylor-35). Both numbers were one shy of personal bests in a non-overtime contest.
· The Sooners broke a streak of four consecutive losses to ranked teams in Norman.
· Stephen Curry’s career-high 44 points were the most by an OU opponent at Lloyd Noble Center. The Wildcat guard broke the previous record of 42 by Haywoode Workman of Oral Roberts on Dec. 10, 1998.
· Curry is the first non-conference preseason AP All-America selection to face the Sooners in Norman since Bill McCaffrey of Vanderbilt in the postseason NIT on March 16, 1993. The only other one was Arizona’s Sean Elliot in 1988-1989.
· Tonight’s game was the first meeting of the 2008 NCAA men’s basketball season between two AP top-25 squads.