March 2, 2011
• Oklahoma fell behind 9-0 and never threatened in an 84-58 loss at Texas Tech. OU shot .328 from the field, its second worst mark of the season.
• OU's .522 free throw performance (12-for-23) was its third worst of the year and worst in Big 12 play.
• The Sooners committed 10 first-half turnovers that Texas Tech converted into 16 points en route to a 40-20 halftime lead. OU committed just two turnovers in the second half.
• Texas Tech outrebounded the Sooners 46-37. The Red Raiders grabbed 13 offensive rebounds on their 32 missed shots.
• Senior Cade Davis was the only Sooner in double figures with his game-high 21 points. He was 9-for-17 from the field and pulled down three offensive rebounds in his 31 minutes.
• Davis has scored 21 points in three of the last four games (scored 19 in the other).
• For the second straight game, freshman guard Calvin Newell came off the bench to score nine points (his most in Big 12 play). Newell was 3-for-6 from the field in 12 minutes of action.
• Oklahoma closes its regular season Saturday at 3 p.m. CT when it hosts Oklahoma State. Cade Davis will be honored in a pregame ceremony as part of Senior Day festivities. The game will also be the last at home for OU radio play-by-play announcer Bob Barry. Barry, who is retiring this season after 50 years of broadcasting OU and OSU games, will be honored at halftime.