Feb. 11, 2012
• Texas Tech shot 56 percent from the field in the second half while committing just one turnover in a 65-47 home win over Oklahoma. The victory was the Red Raiders' first in Big 12 play against 11 losses.
• After taking a 22-18 lead at the 6:08 mark of the first half, the Sooners were outscored 47-25 the rest of the game.
• OU's .327 field goal performance was its second worst of the season. Texas Tech's .431 mark was its third best in Big 12 play.
• In OU's 64-55 win over Texas Tech on Jan. 17, the Sooners posted a 26-8 points-in-the-paint advantage and outscored the Red Raiders 22-7 off turnovers. Tonight, Tech outscored OU 28-6 in the paint and 12-4 off turnovers.
• Tech's seven turnovers marked a season low. It had averaged 17.4 turnovers per game entering the game.
• Andrew Fitzgerald was the lone Sooner in double figures with his 14 points. He has scored in double figures in 18 of the last 19 games.
• Steven Pledger, who averaged 17.8 points prior to tonight, finished with a season-low four points on 2-for-7 field goal, 0-for-4 3-point and 0-for-1 free throw shooting. It marked just the second time this season he was held under 10 points (previous season low was nine points).
• Sam Grooms handed out eight assists against just two turnovers. He now leads the Big 12 in assists per game (6.0) and in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.1). Grooms has 58 assists and 11 turnovers over the last eight games (5.3 ratio).
• OU went 2-for-14 from 3-point range (.143). Pledger was held without a 3-pointer for just the second time this season (first time in 17 games).