May 5, 2010
Oklahoma won last year’s series, 2-1, including its first win in game one in Tulsa since 2000. The Sooners’ three-game winning streak over the Cowboys ended in last year’s series finale on Sunday. In 2010, OU and OSU met on campus (Stillwater) for the first time since 1996, with OSU winning a thriller, 7-6, in 10 innings. Below is a closer look at the series between the Sooners and Cowboys.
- Since 1997, 30 of the 48 games have been decided by three runs or less (OU leads 18-12). Fourteen of those games were one-run decisions where OU is 9-5.
- Sunny Golloway has coached in 45 Bedlam games as an assistant coach and head coach (OU is 19-26 in those games).
- The 2010 series will mark the fourth straight season that at least one of the teams is ranked in the top 25. The
2006 season is the last time both teams entered the three-game set ranked (No. 8 OU vs. No. 24 OSU).
- OU has won six of the 13 Big 12 series meetings.
- OU is 10-9 in games played in Tulsa (1991-present).
- The Sooners won nine of the first 10 meetings in Tulsa, but have lost eight of the last nine. Won in 2009.
- Since the series shifted to its current setting (game one in Tulsa and games two and three in OKC) in 1991, OU is 14-20 in games played in Oklahoma City.
- Each team has won 11 games during the regular season at Bricktown Ballpark since it opened in 1998.
- Since 1997, six of the regular season series have been decided in the third game where OU is 4-2.
- Since Big 12 play began, the winner in Tulsa has gone on to win the series in nine of the 13 chances.