The project at softball includes seating expansion at the stadium and student-athlete amenities in the clubhouse area. Specific details of the renovation are listed below.
- Expansion of the seating bowl around the infield will include 939 additional seats and 26 ADA seats to increase the fixed seating capacity in that area alone to 1,406. Including the outfield bleacher seats, the total capacity of the facility would increase from 1,378 to 2,566. The reconfigured seating bowl would consist of both fixed chair backs and bleachers.
- New shade canopy over the fixed seating behind home plate will provide shade coverage for the fans.
- Press box expansion to roughly triple its current size with new wings on both the first and third base side. This space would have the ability to be open air or enclosed depending on the weather. Most media are now seated in an open-air space on the concourse. The new area would place them and their equipment under cover in a more elevated position.
- Increased concession locations and restrooms added behind the home plate press box at field level.
- The reorganization of the visitor bullpen in right field and additional sidewalks to allow 360-degree access around the facility.
- The addition of an upper concourse to accommodate better flow of fans in and around the facility.
- The elimination of the outdoor batting cages would allow for the expansion of the locker rooms that house both student-athletes and coaches.
On the south side of the clubhouse, a lobby area would be added to showcase memorabilia and trophies and serve as meeting space.
For more information on how to donate to OU Softball Complex renovation project please call the Sooner Club at 405-325-8000.