|Position:||Co-Offensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator/Inside Receivers|
|Hometown:||Midwest City, Okla.|
• Enters his third season coaching inside receivers after a successful 16-year stint as Oklahoma's running backs coach.
• Key part of offensive staff that saw 2016 unit rank first nationally in passing efficiency rating (mark of 193.79 set an FBS record) and pass completion percentage (.706), second in total offense (554.8 ypg) and third in scoring offense (43.9 ppg).
• Coached Sterling Shepard in 2015, who was an ESPN.com first-team All-American and a first-team All-Big 12 selection. Shepard caught 86 passes for 1,288 yards and 11 touchdowns on the year.
• Former OU quarterback owns a distinguished pedigree of performers who have excelled in the NFL ranks, including 2012 NFL MVP and three-time rushing champion Adrian Peterson, as well as two-time Pro Bowler DeMarco Murray, who claimed the NFL rushing crown in 2014.
• The two most prolific rushing seasons under head coach Bob Stoops came in 2013 and 2014 under Gundy's direction. OU led the Big 12 and ranked 10th in the FBS, averaging 261.2 rushing ypg in 2014 after registering 223.9 ypg on the ground in 2013.
• Gundy's star pupil in 2014 was true freshman RB Samaje Perine, who led the Big 12 in rushing (131.8 ypg) and set the FBS single-game rushing record with 427 yards vs. Kansas (11/22/14).
• Perine finished 2014 with 1,713 rushing yards, the second-highest total by a freshman in OU history behind only Adrian Peterson (1,925 in 2014) and a figure that ranked eighth among all FBS players in 2014.
• Perine averaged 6.5 yards per carry and led Big 12 non-kickers with 126 points on a league-best 21 rushing touchdowns. After averaging 5.2 yards per carry and rushing for 19 TDs in 2013, the Sooners averaged 6.1 yards per carry and scored 40 rushing TDs in 2014.
• RB Brennan Clay averaged 6.6 yards per carry in 2013, registering a career-high 200 rushing yards in a win at Kansas State (11/23/13).
• JUCO transfer Damien Williams earned All-Big 12 Second Team honors under Gundy in 2012, while walk-on Dominique Whaley led OU in rushing in 2011 with three 100-yard outings in seven games.
• In 2010, DeMarco Murray broke Steve Owens' 41-year-old OU record for career TDs, Joe Washington's 35-year-old mark for all-purpose yards and OU's single-season mark for catches by a running back (71). Murray's 1,571 career receiving yards are also an Oklahoma RB record.
• Chris Brown and Murray become the first OU players on the same roster to eclipse 40 career TDs (did it during the 2009 season).
• In 2008, OU had two 1,000-yard rushers in Murray and Brown. OU rushed for 205.5 ypg and averaged 4.8 yards per carry. The 2007 season saw three different backs eclipse the 500-yard mark, led by Allen Patrick with 1,097. Murray was a Freshman All-American.
• In 2004, Adrian Peterson set the NCAA freshman rushing record with 1,925 yards, the best single-season mark in Oklahoma history.
• Coached Quentin Griffin, who ranks as the third-leading rusher in OU history with 3,756 yards. In 2002, he gained 1,884 yards (No. 6 NCAA/134.6 ypg).
• Griffin became the Sooners' first 1,000-yard rusher since 1998 and also finished his career with 169 receptions (most by a running back in OU history) and 1,337 yards.
• In 2000, OU backs produced 32 rushing TDs, up from 15 in 1999. First-team All-Big 12 honoree Griffin scored 16 of those, including six against Texas to set a Sooner record.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A PLAYER
• Played at OU (1990-93) and held virtually every school single-game, single-season and career passing record prior to head coach Bob Stoops' arrival.
• Paced the Sooners to a 31-13-2 record in his four seasons, earning All-Big Eight First Team honors as a senior.
• One of only six OU quarterbacks to throw for more than 4,000 yards (Baker Mayfield, Landry Jones, Sam Bradford, Jason White and Josh Heupel).
• Big Eight Offensive Newcomer of the Year in 1990 with marks for completions (54), attempts (109) and yards (904).
• Mark Andrews (Oklahoma), All-Big 12 First Team
• Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma), Giants; All-America Firist Team; All-Big 12 First Team
• Samaje Perine (Oklahoma); All-America Third Team; All-Big 12 First Team
• Damien Williams (Oklahoma), Dolphins; All-Big 12 Second Team
• Brennan Clay (Oklahoma)
• Roy Finch (Oklahoma)
• DeMarco Murray (Oklahoma), Titans; All-Big 12; NFL's leading rusher (2014); Two-time Pro Bowler
• Allen Patrick (Oklahoma)
• Adrian Peterson (Oklahoma), Vikings; Consensus All-American; Heisman runner-up; 2012 National Football League MVP; Seven-time Pro Bowler; Three-time NFL leading rusher (2008, 2012, 2015)
• Quentin Griffin (Oklahoma); All-Big 12 First Team; All-America Second Team