Statement of Purpose
The purpose of OU All Girl and Coed Cheer squads is to support the athletic teams at the University of Oklahoma by generating crowd enthusiasm and actively engaging with our fans.Our members believe deeply in their role as ambassadors of the University and represent OU at a variety of alumni, civic, and charitable events and are committed to displaying a positive and collegiate image at all times that reflects the values and traditions of the University of Oklahoma.
The OU All-Girl Team has historically consisted of approximately 20-30 athletes. The OU Coed Cheer Team has historically consisted of approximately 10-15 coed couples. These numbers can fluctuate from year to year given the needs of the team. Both squads cheer at all home football games split evenly away football games (and post season), men’s and women’s basketball (and post season), wrestling, volleyball, soccer, men’s and women’s gymnastics matches and games.
Clinics and Tryouts:
Tryouts will be open registration. Participation in a clinic is no longer a prerequisite for tryouts.
2017-18 Cheer Clinics and Tryouts
- Sunday - 11/13/16 - 10:30 am – 5:30 pm – McCasland Field House
- Saturday - 2/18/17 - 10:30 am – 5:30 pm – McCasland Field House
- Friday - 5/19/17 – 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm – McCasland Field House
- Saturday - 5/20/17 – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm – McCasland Field House
- Sunday - 5/21/17 – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm – McCasland Field House