• Oklahoma’s Nicole Griffin was honored in pregame for becoming the 29th Sooner to reach the 1,000 career points scored benchmark. Griffin reached the milestone with her first field goal in Oklahoma’s victory over Oklahoma State Saturday, Feb. 1. Griffin is the second Sooner to pass 1,000 points this season, joining senior point guard Morgan Hook. Senior guard Aaryn Ellenberg also passed the 2,000-point benchmark this season.
• Three members of Team USA’s gold-medal winning 2013 World University Games team were in the Lloyd Noble Center Monday night. OU head coach Sherri Coale was the head coach for USA Basketball’s squad, while Oklahoma’s Aaryn Ellenberg and Baylor’s Odyssey Sims were teammates.
• Oklahoma’s top two scorers, Aaryn Ellenberg and Sharane Campbell, fouled out seconds apart just 3 1/2 minutes into the second half. Each scored just four points.
• For the second straight game, OU freshman T’ona Edwards totaled a collegiate best in scoring with 9 points. She also totaled a career high six rebounds.
• Hook was Oklahoma’s leading scorer with 18 points. Hook scored 15 points in the second half.
• Carter matched her season high with 12 points scored. Carter played 14 1/2 minutes of the second half with four personal fouls.