• Oklahoma head coach Sherri Coale and senior guard Aaryn Ellenberg were honored pregame for their participation on Team USA’s gold-medal-winning World University Games team last summer. Coale was the head coach and Ellenberg started five of six games, averaging 9.2 points.
• The game featured 10 ties and 11 lead changes. Nine lead changes occured in the first half. The next was Oklahoma’s layup by Sharane Campbell with 21 seconds remaining to give OU a 69-67 lead.
• Oklahoma shot 89 percent (18-21) on free throws in regulation, but made just four of eight (50 percent) in overtime. Conversely, Iowa State hit just 61 percent (11-18) in the first 40 minutes, but made all eight attempts in overtime.
• Campbell collected a career-high five steals and matched a season high with nine rebounds.
• Morgan Hook totaled season highs with 26 points and six rebounds.
• Ellenberg scored 10 points and is now six shy of becoming the sixth Sooner to score 2,000 points in a career.