Boosters, Alumni & Fans24-hour Hotline: (405) 325-6479 | Anonymous Email
Representatives of Athletics InterestsThank you to all the boosters, alumni, faculty, staff, students and fans who root for the Sooners each time they take the field, court, diamond, floor, track or mat.
Please review the informative and educational material provided on this page to learn more about NCAA rules and regulations. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding NCAA or Big 12 Conference rules please do not hesitate to contact OU Athletics Compliance at (405) 325-7004 or by email at email@example.com.
Am I a Booster?
You are a Booster or a Representative of Athletics Interest if you:
- Have ever been a member of a booster organization that supports Oklahoma Athletics.
- Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or a booster organization.
- Are or have ever been involved with the recruitment of a prospect.
- Have provided or are providing benefits to an enrolled student-athlete or their relatives or friends.
- Have otherwise been involved in promoting the University of Oklahoma’s athletics program (e.g., alumni • and friends).
- Provided or have helped to arrange employment for student-athletes.
- Are the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of an enrolled student-athlete.
- Are or ever have been a season ticket holder?Some examples of boosters are: fans, undergraduate students, graduate students, all university faculty, staff and other employees and alumni. (This is not an exhaustive list.)
What is an Extra Benefit?
Fans and boosters may not provide anything to prospects or currently enrolled student-athletes (or their families) without prior approval from Oklahoma Compliance Office. If a student-athlete and/or his or her family accept any benefits of special consideration (e.g., transportation, clothing, money, meals, etc.) based on their athletic skill, the student-athlete jeopardizes his or her eligibility and Oklahoma will be subject to NCAA penalties.
Extra benefits can include, but, are not limited to:
- Money, gifts, clothing, tickets for entertainment, haircut, and use of a car.
- Free or reduced-cost room or board anywhere.
- Free or reduced-cost merchandise or services.
- Use of Athletics Department copy/fax machines, long distance telephone services or free use of a cell phone.
- Typing or editing reports, papers, letters, etc. for a student-athlete.
- A loan of money or the consigning of a note to arrange a loan. • The sale or trade of complimentary admissions for merchandise, services or debt repayment.
- The sale or trade of ANY items a student-athlete has received for his or her participation in athletics (e.g., gear, clothing, awards).
This list is not exhaustive. Please refrain from offering prospects and/or current student-athletes and their families and friends anything that is not available to all students or the general public.
As a Booster, What can I do to help Oklahoma Athletics?
- I can attend as many athletic contests as I desire.
- I can call, write, or send newspaper articles to the Sooner coaching staff regarding outstanding student-athletes.
- I can offer assistance to the Sooner coaching staff who are recruiting in my community.
- I can attend a public event, BUT CANNOT have prearranged contact with prospects.
As a Booster, What CAN’T I do to help Oklahoma Athletics?
• You CANNOT recruit players to Oklahoma.
- Do not tweet or facebook recruits.
- Do not contact recruits by telephone, email or in person.
- Do not visit recruits.
• Do not provide meals to student-athletes, unless you have received permission from compliance.
- This includes Holiday meals, tailgates before games, etc.
• Do not let a student-athlete or prospect stay at your house or borrow your car.
Please remember: Ask Before You Act!