|Samford at No. 25 Oklahoma | Sunday, Dec. 29 | 2 p.m. CT|
|Television|| FS Oklahoma / FCS Central
Chad McKee & Dan Hughes
|Radio|| KOKC 1520 AM/KREF 1400 AM
Brian Brinkley & Colton Coale
|Webcast|| SoonerSports.tv (replay)
|Buy Tickets||OU Athletics Ticket Office | 1-800-456-4668|
|Live Stats|| SoonerSports.com
|Pregame Info||Game Notes (PDF)|
• Oklahoma and Samford are meeting for the first time. This will mark the fifth and final scheduled opponent the Sooners have met this season. OU is 4-0 against its previous first-time opponents (Stetson, Gonzaga, UMES and Fairfield.)
• Sooners Sharane Campbell, Aaryn Ellenberg and Nicole Griffin are nearing career scoring benchmarks. Ellenberg, a senior, is 33 points shy of becoming Oklahoma’s sixth 2,000-point scorer. Griffin, a senior, and Campbell, a junior, are 100 and 175 points, respectively, from reaching 1,000.
• Oklahoma was voted the Big 12’s preseason favorite, earning five of 10 first-place votes by coaches. Aaryn Ellenberg was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team and is on watch lists for the Wade, Wooden and Naismith Awards.
• Oklahoma finished as the Preseason WNIT runner-up for the third straight time in four tournament appearances, falling to No. 5 Louisville 97-92 in OT.
• Senior Aaryn Ellenberg suffered a knee strain early in OU’s win over Maryland Eastern Shore (Dec. 15). Senior Morgan Hook suffered an ankle sprain late in OU’s win over Gonzaga on Nov. 17. Hook suffered a dislocated thumb (right hand) and missed the first exhibition game. Redshirt freshman Maddie Manning’s season ended a second-consecutive year with a torn ACL (left knee).
• The Sooners advanced to their 10th NCAA Regional Semifinal game, and sixth in the last eight seasons, with a 78-73 first-round win over Central Michigan and 85-72 second-round win over UCLA. OU competed in its 16th NCAA Tournament, and 14th consecutive, the nation’s seventh longest active streak and 13th longest in history. Oklahoma was a No. 6 seed for the third consecutive year. OU suffered season-ending injuries to four players, including three starters before conference play began in 2012-13. OU added two volleyball players to its roster at mid-semester. Still the Sooners advanced to their 10th Sweet 16 Appearance in program history, the ninth under Sherri Coale.
|Projected Starting Lineups|
5-10 | SR | Lowell, Ark.
5-3 | FR | Norcross, Ga.
5-7 | SR | Las Vegas, Nev.
5-10 | FR | Madison, Ala.
5-9 | FR | Midwest City, Okla.
5-8 | SR | Murfreesboro, Tenn.
5-10 | JR | Spencer, Okla.
6-0 | FR | Murfreesboro, Tenn.
6-6 | SR | Milwaukee, Wis.
6-4 | SR | Rocky Face, Ga.