|UT Arlington at No. 10 Oklahoma | Wednesday, Nov. 20 | 7 p.m. CT|
|Live Webcast|| Sooner Sports TV
FS Oklahoma/FCS Central
Bob Carpenter & Billy Tubbs
|Radio|| KOKC 1520 AM/KREF 1400 AM
Toby Rowland & Colton Coale
|Buy Tickets||OU Athletics Ticket Office | 1-800-456-4668|
|Pregame Info||Game Notes (PDF)|
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma made a statement Sunday night and was rewarded Monday with its first top 10 rankings since the 2010-11 preseason poll.
The now No. 10 Sooners take the floor Wednesday night for their final home game of November against UT Arlington.
For the Sooners, the goal will be to take another step forward in their Road to Nashville, site of the 2014 NCAA Women's Final Four.
Morgan Hook lies within one field goal of becoming OU's 28th 1,000-point scorer and Aaryn Ellenberg's next 3-pointer will be her 300th, leaving her just 92 shy of the NCAA record.
|Projected Starting Lineups|
5-10 | SR | Lowell, Ark.
5-3 | SR | Yukon, Okla.
5-7 | SR | Las Vegas, Nev.
5-4 | SR | Coppell, Texas
5-10 | JR | Spencer, Okla.
5-11 | JR | Wichita, Kan.
6-1 | SO | Lantana, Texas
6-1 | SR | Fort Worth, Texas
6-6 | SR | Milwaukee, Wis.
6-3 | SR | Katy, Texas
• Oklahoma was voted the Big 12’s preseason favorite, earning five of 10 first-place votes by coaches. Aaryn Ellenberg was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team and is on watch lists for the Wade, Wooden and Naismith Awards.
• Senior Morgan Hook suffered an ankle sprain late in OU’s win over Gonzaga on Nov. 17. Hook suffered a dislocated thumb (right hand) and missed the first exhibition game. Redshirt freshman Maddie Manning’s season ended a second-consecutive year with a torn ACL (left knee).
• The Sooners advanced to their 10th NCAA Regional Semifinal game, and sixth in the last eight seasons, with a 78-73 first-round win over Central Michigan and 85-72 second-round win over UCLA. OU competed in its 16th NCAA Tournament, and 14th consecutive, the nation’s seventh longest active streak and 13th longest in history. Oklahoma was a No. 6 seed for the third consecutive year.
• OU suffered season-ending injuries to four players, including three starters before conference play began in 2012-13. OU added two volleyball players to its roster at mid-semester. Still the Sooners advanced to their 10th Sweet 16 Appearance in program history, the ninth under Sherri Coale.
• Aaryn Ellenberg set OU’s single-season record for 3-pointers made with 115 as a junior. Ellenberg made two 3-pointers against West Virginia in the Big 12 Tournament to match and then pass Erin Higgins (2003-07) for Oklahoma’s career record, now 296. Now a senior, Ellenberg is chasing the NCAA record of 392 set by Kansas State’s Laurie Koehn.
• In 2012-13, the Sooners were 19-0 when leading at halftime; 4-12 when tied or trailing; 23-1 when their field goal percentage is higher than their opponent’s; and 20-1 when holding their opponent to 40 percent or lower field goal shooting.