Game Day Travel Map PDF
NORMAN, Okla. -- A major reconstruction project is currently underway on the I-35 corridor in Norman that, when coupled with rush hour, will have a major impact on Wednesday's OU-Kansas men's basketball game day traffic flow (game starts at 6 p.m.).
The I-35/Main Street bridge interchange is being completely replaced, meaning there is no egress to or from I-35 to Main Street. Fans are strongly encouraged to avoid this area and plan alternate routes to Lloyd Noble Center in advance.
Extra time should be allowed for arrival to the game. Here are recommended travel routes:
Southbound I-35 Traffic (From OKC)
Fans are encouraged to exit no farther south than Tecumseh Road. Alternate routes include:
• Exit 113 (Highway 77 - left exit) - continues into Norman as Flood Avenue
• Exit 112 (Tecumseh Road) provides access to alternate southbound routes running parallel to I-35
• 36th Avenue NW (west of I-35)
• 24th Avenue NW (east of I-35)
Numerous other alternative southbound routes exist, including:
• Sooner Road/12th Avenue NE
• Western Avenue/60th Avenue NW
Northbound I-35 Traffic (From Pauls Valley)
The South Canadian River Bridge just south of Norman on I-35 is in the midst of a widening project. Northbound fans should anticipate congestion and delays in this area.