Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. No. 21 Texas Tech
Location: Oklahoma City - Bricktown Ballpark
Result: Win, 9-8
Date: May 22, 2014
- Hermelyn is a career .350 (7-for-20) hitter in six Big 12 Tournament games.
- Aikin ended the season with an 11-game hit streak and batting .510 (26-for-51) over that stretch.
- Aikin recorded his team-leading 23rd multi-hit game of the season and third four-hit game. Hermelyn added his 17th.
- All three Carpenter home runs have come away from L. Dale Mitchell Park.
- The Sooners are now 71-60 all-time in conference tournaments and 33-26 in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma is 8-3 against Texas Tech in the Big 12 Championship.
- The Sooners have never been eliminated in two games during a double-elimination format tournament.
- Oklahoma’s only other win when trailing after eight innings this season came against Belmont at home on March 14. The Sooners are 2-25 when trailing after eight innings.
- Neuse collected his second four-RBI game of the season and ninth multi-RBI game. It was the first four-RBI day since O’Brien did it at Oklahoma State on April 15 in an 18-inning game with a first-inning grand slam.
- Oklahoma last recorded 15 hits in a game against Baylor on May 3 when it totaled 19.
- The Sooners last came back to win after trailing by five or more against Hofstra in game two of a doubleheader on February 16, 2013.
- Neuse’s walk-off single was the first for OU since Hermelyn against Belmont on March 15 in the 11th inning.
- Oklahoma last had a walk-off win in the Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma State in 2012, 1-0, on a solo home run by Garrett Carey.