Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. No. 6 Oklahoma State
Location: Tulsa, Okla. - ONEOK Field
Result: Win, 8-1
Date: May 17, 2014
- A seven-run win ended a stretch of nine straight Bedlam games decided by three runs or less.
- The Sooners used their 34th different lineup in 55 regular season games.
- Oklahoma is hitting .327 (18-for-55) with the bases loaded on the season and went 2-for-4 in the game.
- Carpenter is a career .458 (11-for-24) hitter in six games against Oklahoma State.
- James started at three different positions in the series; moving from catcher to first base to left field.
- Aikin’s fourth-inning double was the Sooners first extra-base hit of the series.
- Aikin recorded a multi-hit game in all three games of the series and lifted his season total to 21. James picked up his team-leading 22nd. Hermelyn added his 16th.
- 8,709 in attendance was the second straight sellout at ONEOK and the largest crowd Oklahoma played in front of all season.
- Neuse took over the team lead in home runs with seven. His first five were all hit at L. Dale Mitchell Park and his last two have come on the road in the last week.
- Five hits allowed by Sooner pitchers ends a streak of six games of 10-plus hits for opponents.