Game Notes: Oklahoma at No. 10 TCU
Result: Won, 7-5 (11)
Date: May 10, 2014
- Elliott (back) made his first start since April 5 against CSU Bakersfield.
- Elliott has pitched five or more innings in eight of his nine starts.
- The last time the Sooners played in a scoreless game through the fifth was at Kansas on March 28; a 2-1 OU win.
- Aikin led off the game with a single and Morrison retired 15 in a row until Lorenzana singled to lead off the sixth.
- As a team, Oklahoma is 16-for-51 with the bases loaded, but did score on an Alspaugh RBI groundout.
- Mac James had a seven-game hit streak ended with a 0-for-5 day.
- Anthony Hermelyn notched his 15th multi-hit game of the season in a 2-for-4 effort.
- Austin O’Brien is 5-for-11 in pinch-hit at-bats.
- The Sooners are 5-1 in extra-inning games and 3-7 against ranked opponents, including two extra-inning wins over ranked teams.
- Joshua Ake made his first appearance at third base when Neuse moved to pitch in the ninth.
- Oklahoma turned its fourth double play of the game, first groundball double play, with the bases loaded to end the 10th.
- Despite losing a five-run lead in the ninth, the Sooners are still 24-0 when leading after eight innings.