Game Notes: Oklahoma at No. 21 Texas Tech
Result: Loss, 4-14
Date: April 27, 2014
- Garza made his third career start and first of the season in his 50th career appearance.
- The Sooners scored first in three games of the series and for the fifth game in a row. They are 11-8 when scoring first.
- Carpenter hit his second home run of the season, both on the road, and accounts for two of Oklahoma’s five home runs away from L. Dale Mitchell Park.
- The Sooners got the lead-off man on in four innings, but brought him in to score just once.
- Carpenter went 5-for-9 on the weekend with five runs scored.
- Oklahoma was swept in a road conference series for the first time since visiting Texas A&M in 2012.
- The last time the Sooners were run-ruled was against current assistant coach Mike Anderson at Nebraska on March 28, 2010.
- Oklahoma has lost five games in a row for the first time since losing six straight in 2007.
- Gutierrez became the first player to hit two home runs in a game against OU since Texas Tech’s Barrett Barnes on April 3, 2011.