Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
Result: Loss, 5-9
Date: April 19, 2014
- James became the first catcher to start three straight games behind the plate since Anthony Hermelyn started four in a row from February 27 to March 5.
- The Sooners have now used 28 different lineups this season.
- James homered for the second straight day and Haley made it back-to-back home runs for the pair in the first. It marked the second time OU has done so this season as Neuse and Hermelyn hit back-to-back home runs against Seton Hall on February 15.
- Oklahoma took the first lead of the game for the first time in 12 Big 12 games.
- The Sooner pitching staff has given up 15 or more hits in four of the last five games, which includes an 18-inning game at Oklahoma State on April 15.
- Oklahoma gave up a season-high 18 hits.
- The Sooners hit into four double plays in the game and eight in the series.
- West Virginia leads the all-time series, 4-3.
- Oklahoma hit two home runs and lost for the first time this season. The Sooners are 6-1 when hitting two or more home runs in a game and 13-2 when hitting at least one.
- Buentello picked up his second three-hit game of the season.