Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
Date: April 18, 2014
- The Sooners snapped a five-game home losing streak and evened the all-time series with West Virginia, 3-3.
- Oklahoma held its opponent scoreless in the first inning for the first time in six games when it did so Oral Roberts on April 8.
- The Sooners have played from behind in 19 of their last 23 games.
- Hunter Haley snapped a 0-for-18 streak that went back to the Texas games on April 12 with a single in the third.
- Haley stole second and third after his base hit to mark the third two-stolen base game of his career. His last was against Ohio State on February 23. He is now 8-for-9 on the season.
- Oklahoma’s first seven base runners all reached with two outs.
- Neuse’s triple in the fifth was the first base runner for OU with less than two outs.
- Choplick’s seven innings was a career-high and followed a seven-inning effort by Corey Copping. It marked the first time Sooner pitchers have gone seven innings in back-to-back games and the first time pitchers have gone six-plus since Choplick and Jake Elliott did so against Rutgers on March 8 and 9.
- Oklahoma is 13-1 when hitting a home run.
- The Sooners have had multiple triples in a game three times this season.