Game Notes: Oklahoma at No. 13 Oklahoma State
Result: Win, 12-9 (18)
Date: April 15, 2014
- The win marked the first for the Sooners in Stillwater since a 6-4 victory in 1992.
- Oklahoma rolled out its 25th different lineup of the season as Carpenter made his first career start at second base.
- O’Brien hit the Sooners’ third home run of the season and first since Haley and James both did so against Kansas State on March 21 and 22.
- Oklahoma surrendered back-to-back home runs for the first time this season in the bottom of the first and allowed three home runs in a game for the first time this season. The Cowboys hit two home runs in the first match-up on April 1.
- The Sooners scored first for the second time in the last 16 games and fourth time in the last 21. OU is 11-4 when scoring first and 9-3 when scoring in the first inning.
- Oklahoma hit multiple home runs for the sixth time this season and first since hitting three against CSU Bakersfield in game one of a doubleheader on April 5. The Sooners are 6-0 when hitting two or more home runs.
- The Sooners are 2-4 against ranked opponents this season.
- The game marked the fifth extra-inning game of the season for Oklahoma and the first longer than 11 innings since facing Connecticut (6/1/13) in the Blacksburg Regional.
- It was the longest game since playing 15 against Oral Roberts (3/19/13).
- Longest Bedlam game since OU fell to OSU, 11-7, in Tulsa in 2002.
- Neuse picked up his team-leading 16th multi-hit game and recorded two doubles in a game for the third time this season.