Game Notes: No. 26 Oklahoma vs. No. 7 Texas
Result: Loss, 7-2
Date: APril 12, 2014
- Carpenter made his first start at first base since April 30, 2013 at Dallas Baptist.
- Anthony Hermelyn had a consecutive games played streak snapped at 69 games and a consecutive games started streak snapped at 47.
- The Sooners played in front of the second largest crowd in program and L. Dale Mitchell Park history at 4,102. The record is 4,544 set against Texas on May 4, 1995. The previous second highest attendance was 3,531 vs. Wichita State in a NCAA Regional game on June 5, 2006.
- It was the ninth game played at L. Dale Mitchell with an attendance figure over 3,000.
- A Sooner reliever has had a longer outing than a starter in eight games this season. However, Evans threw just two innings against The Citadel on February 21 before a two-hour rain delay.
- Hunter Haley extended his season-best hitting streak to 10 games. It is the second hitting streak of 10 or more by a Sooner this season. Hermelyn previously had an 11-game streak.