Game Notes: No. 28 Oklahoma at Kansas
Date: March 29, 2014
- James hit in the lead-off time for the first time in his career and his sixth different spot in the lineup this season.
- Craig Aikin had a consecutive games started streak of 91 snapped by being out of the lineup for the first time in his OU career. He did enter as a pinch-runner in the seventh to continue his consecutive games played streak.
- Buentello started at first base for the first time in 17 games. He last started at first against Gonzaga on March 2.
- Oklahoma used its 20th different lineup in 28 games.
- Hermelyn’s double in the top of the fourth snapped a streak of 30 straight innings without an extra-base hit for the Sooners.
- Hermelyn recorded his 11th multi-hit game of the season with a sixth-inning single.
- Buentello notched his second two-double game of the season.
- Choplick became the first OU starter to win a game since Jake Elliott against Belmont on March 16.
- Sooner batters did not record a single strikeout for the second time this season.
- Oklahoma has won 16 of its last 17 match-ups with Kansas.
- The OU bullpen has tossed 90 shutout innings in the 117 complete innings pitched.