Game Notes: No. 30 Oklahoma vs. Kansas State
Result: Win, 11-2
Date: March 22, 2014
- James’ grand slam came just one game after Haley hit a grand slam on Friday night.
- The eight-run fifth was tied for the most runs in an inning for the Sooners all season.
- Oklahoma leads the country with 21 sacrifice flies.
- Hermelyn extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the second inning.
- Over the last eight games, Neuse is hitting .500 (16-for-32) with nine doubles. During that stretch, Lorenzana is hitting .448 (13-for-29) and Hermelyn is at .419 (13-for-31).
- Prior to Lorenzana’s 13-for-29 stretch, he was hitting a season-low .203.
- James picked up his team-leading 13th multi-hit game of the season with a 2-for-4 effort.
- Oklahoma’s opponent has scored in the first inning in five of its seven games over its current homestand. The Sooners are 6-1 over that stretch and 5-0 when opponent scored in the first inning.
- The Sooner bullpen has tossed 78 shutout innings of the 101 complete innings pitched this season. OU relievers are 11-1 with a 2.67 ERA.
- Oklahoma reached double figures in runs for the seventh time this season and collected 15 or more hits for the sixth time.
- The Sooners surpassed 1,000 in attendance for the sixth time this season as 1,671 was the highest total since 1,774 vs. Texas Tech on April 28, 2013.