Game Notes: No. 30 Oklahoma vs. Kansas State
Date: March 21,2014
- Haley hit the first OU grand slam since Ricky Eisenberg vs. Kansas on May 8, 2011.
- The eight-run fifth was the most runs in an inning for the Sooners all season.
- Oklahoma is 8-9 in Big 12 openers and winners of four of its last five.
- Hermelyn extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a double in the second inning.
- Over the last seven games, Neuse is hitting .517 (15-for-29) with eight doubles. During that stretch, Hermelyn is hitting .407 (11-for-27) with nine RBI and Lorenzana is at .400 (10-for-25).
- Prior to Lorenzana’s 10-for-25 stretch, he was hitting a season-low .203.
- James picked up his team-leading 12th multi-hit game of the season with a 2-for-4 effort. He and Neuse are tied for the team lead with 10 doubles.
- The Sooner bullpen has tossed 76 shutout innings of the 99 complete innings pitched this season. OU relievers are 10-1 with a 2.74 ERA.
- Oklahoma reached double figures in runs for the sixth time this season and collected 15 or more hits for the fifth time.
- The Sooners surpassed 1,000 in attendance for the fifth time this season and the third time in four Friday games.