Prospective Licensees | Campus Departments | Student Organizations | Retailers | Fans | FAQs
Any student organization wishing to produce a product bearing any OU trademark must first obtain permission from the Office of Trademark Licensing.
To obtain licensing approval, please follow these steps:

1. Choose a current OU licensee to produce your product.
Current OU ICS Licensees (most often used for on-campus requests)
Current OU Local Licensees
Current OU Standard Licensees
2. Work with the licensee to design your product. Please note that your organization's classification dictates which OU trademarks you are able to use.
The following student organizations are allowed to use virtually all OU trademarks, including the interlocking OU:
UOSA Administrative Organizations
  • Campus Activities Council
  • Graduate Student Senate
  • Housing Center Student Association
  • Interfraternity Council
  • Multicultural Greek Council
  • National Panhellenic
  • OU Panhellenic
  • Student Bar Assocation
  • UOSA Executive Branch
  • UOSA General Counsel
Presidential Programs
  • Crimson Club
  • President's Community Scholars
  • President's Leadership Class
Registered Sports Clubs
Academically-Affiliated Registered Student Organizations
All other registered student organizations not listed above can ONLY use the following trademarks:
"The University of Oklahoma" verbiage
"Oklahoma" verbiage
"Sooner" or "Sooners" verbiage

3. Complete the appropriate Student Organization Licensing Form:
Student Organization Licensing Form - Norman Campus
Student Organization Licensing Form - OUHSC
Student Organization Licensing Form - Tulsa

4. After you obtain written approval from your adviser and your campus Student Affairs office, please scan and email your form to, or you may also drop off your form at the front desk located just inside Gate 6 of Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

5. Please allow up to one week for the Office of Trademark Licensing to respond to your request.

Still have questions? Please visit our FAQ page.