NORMAN, Okla. — No. 8 Oklahoma swept No. 57 Indiana 4-0 Sunday afternoon at the Gregg Wadley Tennis Pavilion.
The Sooners (4-0) collected singles points at the 1, 3 and 4 spots, while its No. 2 and No. 3 pairs secured the doubles point.
In the No. 4 position, freshman Andrew Harris earned the first point, beating Bednarczyk in straight sets 6-5, 6-4.
Alcorta got the next point, ousting Sven Lalic in the No. 1 spot 6-4, 6-4.
Junior Dane Webb clinched the Sooner victory with a 6-5, 6-4 win over Dimitrije Tasic 6-5, 6-4.
At the No. 3 position, Nick Papac and Peerakit Siributwong won the first doubles match for OU, topping Chris Essick and Stefan Lugonjic 6-2.
Spanish tandem Axel Alvarez and Guillermo Alcorta secured the doubles point for OU with a 6-5 win over Sam Monette and Daniel Bednarczyk
“We played pretty solid today,” head coach John Roddick said. “We played really good doubles again. It was a tough one and they played hard and pushed us in matches.”
“We just have to do a little better job of winning a few more of the big points, I feel like we played a little passive on those and they played really aggressive, I think that’s why the match was fairly close in a lot of the score lines. All in all we’re hitting the ball well, we just have to take control.”
Up next, Roddick’s squad travels to Florida where they’ll take on the Florida State Seminoles Friday, Feb.7.
1. Harris/Webb (OU) vs. Tasic/Lalic (IU) 5-4 DNF
2. Alcorta/Alvarez (OU) def. Monette/Bednarczyk (IU) 6-5
3. Papac/Siributwong (OU) def. Essick/Luganijic (IU) 6-2
1. Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. Sven Lalic (IU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Axel Alvarez (OU) vs. Sam Monette (IU) 3-6, 6-3, 3-2 DNF
3. Dane Webb (OU) def. Dimitrije Tasic (IU) 6-5, 6-4
4. Andrew Harris (OU) def. Daniel Bednarczyk (IU) 6-5, 6-4
5. Peerakit Siributwong (OU) vs. Elliott Yee (IU) 3-6, 6-3 DNF
6. Alex Ghilea (OU) vs. Stefan Lugonjic (IU) 6-4, 5-5 DNF
Order of Finish
Doubles: 3, 2
Singles: 4, 1, 3*