|PROS: Psychological Resources||
|Home | Counseling | Sport Psych | Workshops | Assessments | Appointments | Staff | Referrals | Resources|
PROS provides a number of assessments for learning disabilities and other disorders. Other benefits that you can realize from being tested:
• A description of your strengths and challenges (or areas of weakness).
• Recommendations for accommodations and modifications to help you be successful at work, in school, and in everyday life.
• Recommendations for support services, such as counseling, vocational assessment, and training.
• Recommendations for instructional strategies that will be of most help to you.
• Civil rights protection that ensure your right to accommodations at work and in school.
• Self-knowledge that may help you begin to advocate for your needs at work and in school.
(taken from National Center for Learning Disabilities web site)
Common Signs of Adult Learning Disabilities
• Continues to spell incorrectly, frequently spells the same word differently in a single piece of writing
• Avoids reading and writing tasks
• Trouble summarizing
• Trouble with open-ended questions on tests
• Weak memory skills
• Difficulty adjusting to new settings
• Works slowly
• Poor grasp of abstract concepts
• Either pays too little attention to details or focuses on them too much
• Misreads information
(taken from National Center for Learning Disabilities website)
* If you notice that you regularly struggle with two or more of these common signs, you may be a learning candidate for a learning assessment.