NORMAN, Okla. — University of Oklahoma freshman Andrew Harris reached the quarterfinals at the USA F27 Futures tournament in Mansfield, Texas.
The Australian ousted Baylor's Vince Schneider 6-3, 6-3 Thursday.
“Andrew played very solid,” OU associate head coach Bo Hodge said. “He executed the game plan we discussed before the match. He has a very tough match tomorrow and I’m sure he’s up for the challenge."
Harris faces Great Britain’s Joshua Milton in the fourth round Friday. Milton is currently ranked 545 by the International Tennis Federation and in 2012 ended in the 306 spot, a career high.
For more on OU Tennis follow the team on Twitter @OU_MTennis.
- Austin KRAJICEK (USA)  6-3 6-1 Nick CHAPPELL (USA)
- Stefan KOZLOV (USA) 6-2 6-0 Alexander ZVEREV (GER)
- Andrew HARRIS (AUS) 6-3 6-3 Vincent Thierry SCHNEIDER (GER)
- Joshua MILTON (GBR)  6-0 6-4 Julian LENZ (GER)
- Jakob SUDE (GER) 6-3 0-6 6-4 Jesus BANDRES (VEN)
- Arnau DACHS (ESP) 6-4 7-6(5) Sekou BANGOURA (USA)
- Jeff DADAMO (USA) 6-3 4-3 Retired Dimitar KUTROVSKY (BUL) 
- Dennis NEVOLO (USA) 6-3 6-7(3) 6-0 Edward CORRIE (GBR)