Result: W, 5-1
Date: May 3, 2014
- Oklahoma improves to 42-7 all-time against Texas Tech and has won the last six in the series. OU's winning percentage of .857 against the Red Raiders is its best against any Big 12 team.
- With the win, OU is one victory away from a share of its third straight Big 12 title. No team in league history has won three straight conference championships.
- Oklahoma has won 37 of its past 39 home games dating back to last season.
- The Sooners hit three home runs Saturday. They've hit at least three home runs in a game 10 times this season.
- Sophomore Kelsey Stevens tied a season high with 11 strikeouts. It's the third time this season she's recorded that many, also doing so against Tulsa on March 9 and Friday night against Texas Tech.
- Her 22 strikeouts over a two-game stretch are a season high and the most by an OU pitcher since Keilani Ricketts had 25 against Washington and Tennessee during last season Women's College World Series.
- Stevens is now 31-7 on the season, tying Florida State's Lacey Waldrop for the most in the country.
- Stevens made her 40th start of the season Saturday. That's tied with Keilani Ricketts (2013) for eighth most in a season at OU.
- Junior Lauren Chamberlain hit a solo home run in the third inning. It was her her eighth of the season and the 68th of her career.
- The home run extends Chamberlain's school and Big 12 career record and puts her in sole possession of 17th in NCAA history.
- Chamberlain has seven home runs in 27 official career at-bats against Texas Tech. That's one home run every 3.9 ABs.
- The home run also moves Chamberlain past former teammate Jessica Shults for most career extra-base hits at OU with 102.
- Chamberlain was 1-1 with a solo home run and two walks. She has 182 RBI in her career, tying Missouri's Micaela Minner (2004-07, '09) for ninth in Big 12 history.
- With her two walks, Chamberlain now has 43 on the year. That's tied with Amber Flores (2010) and Shelby Pendley (2013) for seventh most in a season in OU history.
- Senior Brittany Williams was 1-2 with a run scored and three RBI, two of which came on a two-run homer in the third. She's got 34 career homers, one behind Shelby Pendley for 10th most in OU history.
- Williams has an RBI in six of her last seven games. She has driven in three runs in a game twice in her past six contests.
- Sophomore Georgia Casey hit her 11th career-best 11th homer of the season. That passes the mark of 10 she hit as a freshman in 2012.
- Senior Destinee Martinez was 1-3 with a run scored. Her hitting streak is at a season-best nine games.